Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goals for 2009

Confession Mama Goals:

1. Never leave my babies unattended on the bed. (Noah has fallen off of it 3 times and Maia 1 time...I think it is about time I make this a resolution!)

2. Break into Mid-Life Crisis Man's house and bash his stereo to smithereens with a baseball bat.

3. Actually send Mid-Life Crisis man a letter asking him to please bring his Mid-Life Crisis ways to an end. 

4. Stop wearing clothes out of my dirty clothes hamper which translates into doing my own laundry more than twice a year. 

5. Stop writing blogs about my anxiety over my kids going out with the GPs. 

6. Vacuum my house more than once a month so Maia doesn't look like I just took her out of a trash can after playing on the floor. 

7. Keep my kid's teeth from falling out by remembering to brush his teeth at least once a day. 

8. Stop ignoring my kids when they try to get my attention while I am blogging.

9. Stop watching trash like "The Real World" which makes me dumber.

Serious Goals

1. Spend time with the Lord daily
2. Pray over my kids out loud daily and be intentional about teaching them about Jesus. 
3. No more "venting"
4. Go on a date night with my hubby twice a month
5. Be intentional about spending time with my friends!
6. Help those who are less fortunate and teach my kids to do the same. I don't want them growing up thinking the world revolves around them. 
7. Do a sprint Trithalon...yikes
8. Read books instead of watching t.v. 

I love the bringing in the New Year even though I don't actually stay up to bring it in...I went to sleep at 10:30 last night! I enjoy the first day of the New Year because it is a time for me to set new goals for myself and just start over. I always anticipate the new adventure the Lord will take me on in the New Year and what He has for me to learn. Life with Him is so exciting! 

2 comments:

God's Autumn Crocus said...

Alright...here are my goals for the year:

1. Be intentional about journaling. I read the Bible everyday, but journaling, not so much.

2. Get rid of the "sailor mouth." This will require lots more of item #1.

I will be praying for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Twins are not on the list...:(