Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Too Early?

Although I have recovered from my single mom weekend, these past few days have left me emotionally exhausted and by the time I get home from work, I just want to go crash on the couch and zone out to the t.v.! But you can't do that when you have kids...so I have come up with another solution: 6:15 bed time for my rambunctious children.  I tune out Noah's "not yet" pleas and ignore the extremely confused look on his face as to why he is going to bed so early and why Mama won't let him brush his teeth. I place both babies in their cribs, pray with them, give them a goodnight kiss and listen to them talk and move around in their cribs for awhile while I crash on my couch and catch up on my recorded trash t.v. such as The Hills and The Real Housewives of Orange County. 
  This way-too-early-bedtime has been working wonderfully for me as my children have still been sleeping until 7 the next morning. So, it's a win win situation for them and for me!...okay well there are a couple of not so good things, they both wake up soaking wet because by the time I get them in the morning, they've been in the same diaper for about 13 hours; Noah's teeth will probably be rotten and fall out by the time he is 3; and I feel slightly guilty for watching trash t.v. instead of playing with my kids.

1 comment:

Jennifer Lynch said...

Survival tactics. Don't feel guilty - you're an awesome mom! And praise God they sleep in in the morning and don't wake up extra early. Sweet! Can you tell me your secret?