Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Think I May Have a Disorder

There is something wrong with me...I am completely freaking out over something really stupid. Tonight, Ricky and I will be going to my work Christmas party and Noah will be going out with his grandparents to dinner and to see the Christmas lights in Alta Loma. Maia will be staying home with my brother and his girlfriend Jaclyn because she is sick, but also because having her go out too, would send me right over the ledge. So, what is the part that I am freaking out about? This is my Confession blog, so I am just going to come right out and say it...I am freaking out about Noah going out with the GPs without me! What if they feed him unhealthy food? God forbid that he consume french fries, juice, candy, or cookies! The thought is making my stomach turn and my palms sweat. And, what if they don't bundle him up warm enough and he catches pneumonia? What if they let him play with a knife at the restaurant and he pokes his eye out? I know what you're thinking...This girl belongs in the nut house! That's okay if you're thinking that because I know that I belong in the nut house but it still does not help with my anxiety over this trip tonight. They really are good grandparents but I am just being me. I think I may need to drown my fears in some "strong" egg nog if you know what I mean. Do you think anyone will notice if I show up to my church staff Christmas party intoxicated? Okay, maybe not such a good idea. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you poor thing! Say that Noah came down with "a cold" and can't go out anymore. He will just have to stay inside with us, where he will eat healthy food and be warm, and "dance dance dance" with Maia! : )

See you at 4!!!

Michelle Bradley said...

Its good that they dont have sugar. I do let Landen have some but rarely. They are your babies and people need to respect your wishes :)

Michelle Bradley said...

Ok so i am glad i am not the only one that forgets to brush my kids teeth. Landen hates to brush and all he wants to do is suck on the toothbrush cuz the toothpaste is sweet! and yes they will fall out eventually :)

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel!! I'm not the only crazy one. I get asked all the time "She still can't have any"... "well when can she have..." I feel like telling them NEVER, I'm a mean mom who enjoys depriving my daughter of every "good" food there is. No french fries, cookies,cake,chocolate, ice cream....and licks and bites count" I now have to carry her whole wheat animal crackers with us so I am not depriving my child when everyone else is eating CRAP!!! Hopefully it'll relax when the holidays are over!