Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, December 22, 2008

Frump Girl

The other day my brother was attempting to describe a particular girl to me. He said he could only describe her as "Frump Girl."  Upon hearing that description, immediately a very clear image popped into my head . I pictured a girl who has to resort to wearing dirty clothes out of her hamper because she has not done her laundry in weeks. Every day is a bad hair day for her because she is going through the "growing-out" phase with her hair. You know, when a girl cuts her hair short and then decides that she wants to grow it out again? She has to go through the in-between stage where no matter what she does it looks awful and she can't do anything about it?  "Frump Girl" definitely suffers from the "in-between" phase. She also may be mistaken for a man because of the fuzzy growth on her upper lip...not to mention the forest under her arms. Her nails are un-manicured, uneven, and just plain sad. Not only is she in need of an intense day at the spa, but she is in need of a good 12 hour night of sleep to get rid of the dark circles under her eyes...hey...wait just a minute...why does the "Frump Girl" in my imagination look a lot like...like...me? Oh dear! Do you think Oprah will miraculously read my blog, feel sorry for me, and include me in her next makeover show? Crazier things have happened people.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

As I was reading through this post. I was kinda disappointed cause it was like you were totally describing me. haha Oh well I guess I will be Frump Mom

Unknown said...

Oh man... I feel like that so many days!! I think that if I get a new shirt, or shoes... It fades AWAY the frump for a while!!