Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Best Christmas Present Ever


I am trying to figure out how to make this post short, but I think it is impossible. So, you'll have to just grab a cup of coffee to keep you awake through this!
Before I tell you about the actual present, I have to tell you how we came up with our baby girl's name. When I was in high school, there was a girl who went to my church who was a few years older than me and who was beautiful both inside and out. Her hearts desire was to see people in other countries come to know the Lord. She worked in our church's mission's department but also was a missionary wherever she went. Her friends loved her and everyone who came in contact with her spoke very highly of her. Words that come to mind when I think of her are genuine, authentic, kind-hearted, gentle, and passionate. I watched her from afar and was inspired by her. Oh, and she is one of those girls who has natural outward beauty. The girl is gorgeous without make-up! I made up my mind back then that if I ever had a daughter, I would name her Maia after this particular girl. When Ricky and I found out we were having a baby girl, I knew right away that her name would be Maia.
My baby girl's namesake now lives in another country and I have never told her of my admiration for her or that I named my child after her. However, my babies' surrogate grandmother Pam keeps in contact with her and arranged for her to come to her house and take a picture with my Maia Belle. For Christmas, Pam and Chuck presented me with a picture of Maia with my Maia Belle. It is the most beatiful picture ever and the best Christmas present ever. When I opened it, I cried. I will cherish that picture forever and will use it to explain to my Maia Belle one day why her name is so special. Chuck and Pam, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

=) Taleah... I have to AGREE with you about Maia Byrnes!! She IS an AMAZING woman of God and I am so THRILLED that Maia Belle has her as a namesake!! AND I pray for Maia Belle to grow into the woman that God wants her to be - with Maia Byrnes' heart for God. BUT I also pray for her to be like her Mama... who is also an AMAZING woman of GOD =) I am so thrilled that we get to be so involved in your life AND your family's life!! YOU are a GREAT MOM! You are strong and yet so kind! I see GOD at work in your life - HE shines in you and I LOVE watching your kids light up when they see you or talk about you!!

Sometimes people say they are proud of you and it is good - but, Taleah, WE are both so PROUD of YOU! YOU are a REAL blessing in our lives!! We LOVE YOU!

Chuck said...

Taleah, I love your heart and your intuitive abilities. Maia Burns is truly an awesome woman of God; inside and out. I also see you to be an amazing woman of God; inside and out. When Pam gets pregnant with our next little girl, I think we will name her, Taleah!

Unknown said...

YIKES!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Lynch said...

Okay, I totally cried at this post. That is beautiful and wonderful. What an honor - for both Maia's! And I agree with Chuck and Pam - you are amazing too!