Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, January 26, 2009

Shopping

Why is it that shopping is a cure-all? I've never been much of a shopper. In fact I am very frugal and I am always looking for a bargain. However, I had a really rough weekend and all I want to do for comfort is shop! I feel like if I buy a couple pairs of boots, some skinny jeans, a few cute tops, and a new dress I'll feel better and all will be right with the world once again. Is this a woman thing? I don't know what to make of this urge for a little retail therapy. I know that if I give into my urge, I'll feel horribly guilty for spending our grocery money on clothes and will feel even worse when my children wonder why they are eating canned beans for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for an entire month. Basically it's a lose lose situation. I think I'll try to comfort myself with a gallon of ice cream instead...much cheaper and it does not involve gassy children.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Definetely a woman thing! I am an emotional shopper.:) I'm convinced cute shoes cure anything.:)

Krista said...

Haha, I am with you on this one. I am not much of a shopper either, in fact I hate shopping. And yet, whenever I am seriously bummed, I find myself at the mall. It makes no sense!

(p.s. Just so you know I'm not a completely random person, I go to Crossroads and have been following your blog since you read an excerpt to us in Sorority one night.)