Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, January 26, 2009


I have written about this before, but here it goes again. I am in serious trouble! My son is fearless. Yesterday, daddy took him outside to play in his cherished red and yellow "cart" (Ricky sent me a text message today saying he wants to burn the "cart" because all we hear all day from our son is "Noah ride cart?"). All of a sudden I hear a thump and then I hear Noah's hearty laughter. I look outside the window to see what happened and I see Ricky riding his bike full speed toward Noah sitting in his cart. As soon as Ricky gets to him he swerves to the side and kicks the cart as he goes by. In the midst of his whip lash from the blow, Noah laughs hysterically. This goes on for a good 15 minutes, crash and laugh, crash and laugh. I think, Great, the neighbors are definitely going to be giving the cops a call because this crazy man is kicking his son's toy with his kid in it while riding his bike full speed ahead. Later I go outside to see what they were up to since it had been quiet for awhile.  Noah is on his tricycle (pretending it is a motorcycle by growling "vroom vroom") in the bushes about to be pushed off the curb by his daddy. He says, "Look mommy" as he bumps down off the curb into the street. Of course he wanted to do this over and over again. Once is never enough for that kid. The "off-roading" continued for quite sometime until daddy decided the bushes and the tricycle had taken enough of a beating.  With a father like Ricky, Noah is destined to be a professional extreme sports guy and I am destined to have costly hospital bills as he becomes professional. I need to make my peace with that! 

No comments: