Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mid-Life Crisis Man

Have I mentioned my crazy neighbor before? Oh that's right, I talk about him all the time because he causes weekly disturbances. This man is divorced and in his mid-forties with 5 kids ranging from ages 4 to 20. What I don't understand is why he has a two door Pontiac with a Corvette engine as his only vehicle. It is not exactly functional for a family of 5 but I guess being cool and forty-something is much more important. Okay that was mean, but the reason why I feel justified in this is because Mid-Life Crisis man has stolen many hours of sleep from me that I will never be able to get back. The man is unemployed and has no consideration for other the other 98% of employed people in this condo complex. He feels the need to "have a good time" on weeknights and on the weekends alike. A "good time" consists of blasting his music in his garage (which we live directly over) while drinking insane amounts of beer and hard liquor, pulling his car up to the garage, revving the engine and peeling out of the alley to show off for his kids' friends, and talking at an outrageously loud volume. All of this begins to take place at around 11:00 P.M and ends at about 2:30 A.M. As I lie awake in my bed, going mad because of the lack of sleep, I think evil thoughts of how to get rid of the neighbor without leaving any evidence behind. It's amazing what lack of sleep causes your mind to do! Last night was worse. He gets home from the bar at 12:00 a.m. talking at that ridiculously loud decibel and decides to set off fireworks right outside his garage. So I was jolted out of my sleep and nearly peed in the bed as I watched a light show take place on my ceiling. 
 Any time my husband sees him the following day, Ricky will say something like "you guys were up pretty late last night." To which Mid-Life Crisis Man responds "Oh, were we too loud? We were just having a good time." AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! This makes me crazy! So, I guess as long as he has a good time it doesn't matter that the other 11 families who surround him and his madness are losing sleep and that their babies are being woken up by his "good time." What is wrong with people today? 

No comments: