Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dinner at the Murray's

So tonight was a perfect picture of my nightly dinner experience. Let me break it down for you...We get home from the grocery store (no cooking tonight, we bought a rotisserie chicken and french bread for dinner), and Maia Belle is crying as usual. I swaddle her and put her down for a nap. Noah is holding his sippy cup upside down  and running around the house saying "spid" (translation: Spilled. New word this week) and leaving a trail of water on my floor. My husband and I unload the groceries and serve ourselves food. I prepare Noah's meal and we all sit down to eat. Noah folds his hands and Daddy prays. Noah tries to speed up the prayer by yelling "EAT" in the middle of the prayer. We all say "Amen" and Maia Belle starts screaming from her bassinet. Noah screams "Baa baa, night night." Daddy gets up to put the pacifier in Maia Belle's mouth and I proceed to feed Noah.  Daddy sits down, Maia Belle starts crying again. Noah repeatedly says, "Whey ees da baa baa?" (Where is the baby?). I repeatedly tell him that she is in our room. Then he asks for "Zeh-Watt" (water). I give him his sippy cup and he turns it upside down, and continually bangs it on his tray yelling "Spid, spid." I take the cup away and finish feeding him. Then he wants down and will not be quiet unless I let him get down. I get him out his highchair as food lost in his highchair falls everywhere. I clean it up, go put a pacifier in the babies mouth and sit down to eat. I take a couple of bites and the baby starts crying again. I give up on trying to eat, go get the baby, and attempt to nurse her to sleep while Noah stands next to me saying "up up up." By the time I am done, I am not hungry anymore, but at least I bought a frozen pie for dessert. I take it out and look at the directions...it takes 4 1/2 hours to cook. GREAT...the pie will be ready at 11:00 p.m. after I have gone to bed.  

No comments: