Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My Brain?

There is something wrong with me...I think I am losing my mind...and I am blaming my children for this loss. I've been super forgetful as of late and it is starting to make me really angry with myself. On, Thursday, I left my purse at my mother's house after celebrating Thanksgiving there. She called me to let me know, but my phone was in my purse which means I didn't have a clue until 4:00 a.m. on Black Friday rolled around and I got the inclination to go shopping since I couldn't seem to sleep. After searching everywhere for my purse, I reluctantly returned to counting sheep and wondering if I was losing my mind.  Then, after another family gathering on Saturday, Ricky received a call from his Aunt letting us know that I left our camera at her house and since she lives really far away from us, it won't be a quick and easy return. Moving right along to today, I left my purse at church and thank God realized it right before driving away. 
  How hard is it to remember a purse and a camera and many other things which would take much too long to list here, you may ask? VERY HARD, when you have two babies. You see babies do not make for traveling light. Wherever we go, I have to make a mental checklist of meals for two babies, milk, formula, toys, 2 changes of clothes, about 12 diapers (two different sizes), a nighttime diaper if we go somewhere late, sun block for summer, blankets, sweaters, snacks, a camera, wipes, pacifiers, and my purse. Most of the time, I forget to bring a sweater for myself and end up freezing unless it is summer time. When I am toting all of that stuff in an over sized ginormous diaper bag and pushing my behemoth double wide with two children, it is easy to forget things because no matter what I forget, I still feel like I am carrying a house! So there you have it, I am losing my mind, but it's okay because I have an excuse!

No comments: