Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, November 28, 2008

Good-Bye Thanksgiving and Hello Christmas!!!




I don't think I've ever been in such a rush to get Thanksgiving over with! To tell you the truth, I usually love Thanksgiving as much as I love Christmas, but this year is different.  I've realized that life itself is so much more colorful and vibrant once you have children. My friend Angela says that once you have kids you see life in color instead of in black and white. I find that to be so evident as Christmas approaches. I get to start my own traditions that my children will look forward to every year, I get to teach my children about Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas, I get to watch Noah's eyes light up when he sees Christmas lights on peoples' houses no matter how simple, and I get to watch him get excited about Santa Claus even though he has no clue who Santa is! I am giddy as I write this post thinking about how Noah will react when he wakes up from his nap and sees the Christmas tree that daddy set up while he was sleeping and all the other decorations that mommy put up. I know that he will be fascinated by the garland on the mantle and the little Santa Claus holding up his stalking. He will marvel at the tree itself and the lights that garnish it.  I am also excited that we got the flashing lights for our tree because they will hypnotize Maia and keep her entranced so I can get stuff done around here!
  Even though, I am sure that in the near future I will be telling you how Noah knocked our tree down and ended up cutting himself with a shattered bulb, I thank God for my children and the joy that they bring to my life this Christmas season. I am so blessed to have the privilege of seeing the world in color. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post that you wrote. It is so heartfelt. It was so good to see Noah yesterday get so excited about the Christmas tree! :)