Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, November 7, 2008

A Quick Confession

I just put my babies down and I have to get this blog done before my hubby gets home. I need to look like I've been doing dishes or something when he gets home not sitting at my computer for hours...anyways back to my confession...I am super embarrassed to admit this but I feel like I have to. 
  When I returned from my Honeymoon 3 1/2 years ago, my mom had given me a bag of stuff that was left at her house on the day of my wedding. In that bag was a pair of jeans that belonged to my really good friend and bridesmaid Breanne. Breanne is absolutely gorgeous and she is super skinny and the girl can sport a paper bag and make it look good. Anyways, I decided to do what any girl would do...I tried on her jeans...just to see if they would fit and look as good on me as they did on her...bad idea. I couldn't get them to go over my thighs. From that moment I declared Breanne's jeans "My Inspiration Jeans." You know that pair of jeans that sits in your closet forever that you swear you will fit into someday but never do? Yup, I never returned the jeans, and never told my friend that I had them. 
 Yesterday, I was digging through my closet trying to find something to wear since my hamper is stacked all the way to the ceiling. What did I spot in the very back corner? "My Inspiration Jeans" from 3 1/2 years ago! Since I have been faithful to my Sugar Busters diet, I felt confident enough to try them on again. Guess what? They fit!!! It was one of the happiest moments of my life to know that I fit into a pair of Breanne Wood's jeans. I totally disregarded the fact that I could not breathe or really move in them. All I knew was that they zipped and buttoned and didn't tear! Oh shoot my husband's home...gotta get to the dishes!!! Thanks for listening to my confessions and please don't judge me. Sorry Breanne! You can have your jeans back now! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahaha! You go Taleah! That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

That is funny! I need to borrow those jeans and your sugar busters diet book. I won't tell anyone either =) Hey, and you can add me to the people who follow your blog. Sometimes I'm a little slower at it then others, but I'm still following it! =) Oh, and I do the same thing when my hunny gets home. Why are we afraid to let them see us spending some time on the computer instead of doing our work? We are adults...right?