Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Inappropriate Owies

Okay, quick post...My kisses are magical! My son thinks that mama's kisses heal any "owie" that he may have. Sometimes I have to kiss it several times because the scab lasts for days and so he remembers it daily and asks me to kiss it. I think it's so cute how after I kiss him, he says "all better." Lately though my kisses have had to take a backseat to Elmo's kisses. Now when he gets hurt he says, "Elmo kiss Wo-wah's owie?"
This morning as I was changing my son's diaper I noticed a bit of a diaper rash, and Noah scrunched his face and said "Butt hurt. Mama kiss it?" Oh crap! Why couldn't Elmo take care of this one? Needless to say, I did not kiss that particular owie and tried to ignore his repeated requests for me to kiss his little behind. My husband, of course, got a kick out of this and told Noah to ask "Pub" to kiss his owie when he got to her house. Poor Pam! Maybe she'll be able to explain to my 1 year old why we can't kiss his butt owie. Moral of the story: Don't let your kids think that your kisses heal their owies, it could get ugly.

No comments: