Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A God Send

A couple of weeks ago I was in a bind. My mother-in-law informed me that she would be out of town on the first week that I would be going back to work. She is supposed to watch my kids on Thursdays and usually if she can't, I ask my mother. However, my mom said that she would be out of town that week as well. I couldn't ask for the day off because it was my first week back after 12 weeks off. I had a dilemma on my hands, then God sent Jen. Jen is the kind of person who would go to the ends of the earth for anybody. She has a generous servant's heart and I am blessed to be able to call her my friend. 
 One night we went to dinner and I mentioned to her how stressed out I was about this situation knowing that she was going to school full time and would not be able to help. To my surprise, without even taking a moment to think about it, Jen offered to babysit my two babies. Jen reads my blog and knows how crazy my kids can be so to confirm that she knew what she was offering I asked, "Are you sure? You do understand that these are the same two kids you read about who cry a lot, have meltdowns, poop all over the place, and cause me to want to drink hard liquor at 9:00 in the morning right?" Without hesitation she again said yes. 

My God Send woke up bright and early this morning, drove all the way to my house in the boondocks, loved my babies for me for the day, and even did the dishes for me. Thank you Jen for being my God Send!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Taleah you are so sweet! Maia Belle, Noah and I had a great time today! Let me know when we can have another play date! By the way, they were perfect today. You must have had a talk with them to tell them to be on their best behavior! :)