Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Eau De Sour Breast Milk

This morning at work I was sitting in my office pumping and looking at Facebook at the same time since it is my new addiction. I was so engrossed in looking at people's pictures that I forgot to pay attention to the process of being milked. Suddenly, I felt a warm sensation on my lap and looked down to find breast milk all over my lap. The containers were overflowing. I quickly shut off the pump, grabbed the nearest piece of notebook paper, unhooked the pumps and began to attempt clean up. I looked like a crazy woman holding notebook paper up to my chest and using more notebook paper to try to sop up the milk in my lap.  Surprisingly notebook paper does a pretty good job when you've got nothing else available. I managed to soak up what I could and walked to the bathroom holding my hands strategically placed over my skirt to try and cover up the big milk stain. Once there I splashed water on the spot and left the bathroom with a large wet spot in my lap and a slight sour milk odor. Ahhh, the life of a working mom! 

No comments: