Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Knew God Liked Me!

Today I am writing to you from the fog that is in my head. I sound like a man with a deep phlegmy smoker cough. I should have done a video blog, then you could see how manly I really do sound. It is so bad that when I am on the phone with my husband he asks twice if this is really his wife. 
  Anyways, back to my topic...yesterday night at around 6:00, I had to take Maia Belle to Urgent Care because she was just not doing so well after her puking incident. Despite my need to do absolutely nothing but sleep, I got us both ready and headed out the door. On my way to the Urgent Care Center (which is 40 minutes away) I remembered that I had to go pee. I had to go the whole time I was getting Maia ready and getting her bag packed but I was so worried about her that I forgot. Now, I was in a predicament, because in  my rush, I also forgot a stroller which meant that there was no way I was going to be able to go to the bathroom unless I asked a random stranger to hold her. Shoot! Oh well, my skinny jeans had prepared me for this predicament so I tried my best to ignore the pain in my bladder and just focus on getting Maia to the doctor. When I got there, I was so thankful to find my Baby Bjorn underneath the backseat. I strapped my 20 pound baby to my belly paying no attention to the pressure on my bladder, grabbed the other 30 pounds worth of purse and diaper bag and headed into the building. Upon arriving to the pediatrics floor, I looked around to see a packed waiting room with about 30 or more sick children waiting to see a doctor. At the check in, I asked the lady how long the wait was, she informed me it would be about 2 hours. Keep in mind, my urge to pee, my phlegmy cough, and my need to sleep. Then she said that the doctor who was on tonight was Maia's actual pediatrician. Hearing this made the 2 hour wait seem a little less daunting because at least Maia would be seeing her own doctor. Maia and I went to the furthest corner of the room and I unloaded my pained shoulders and settled in.  While praying with her for her dinner, I had a little conversation with God, "Lord, I know that this is a long shot, but you know how awful I am feeling and how awful Maia is feeling. Both of us will be miserable by 9:00 p.m. Do you think you can somehow bump us up in the line? We'd really appreciate it. If not, please help me to keep my sanity for the next 2 hours. Amen." Right as I am about to put her food in her moving target mouth, I hear the nurse call "Mia Moo- Ray." Oh my gosh Maia, that's us! God really does like us. It's a miracle! Our 2 hour wait has only been 5 minutes! Frantically, I waved to the nurse to let her know that I was coming fearing she'd realize her mistake and call someone else. I clumsily gathered all of the stuff that I had unloaded and hobbled over to the nurse ignoring all the death stares that I was getting from the annoyed waiting room sufferers and the things I was losing out of my diaper bag. 
 Maia and I made it in and out of the Urgent Care facility within 40 minutes (two ear infections and chest congestion). I think God knows I would have lost my sanity right there in that waiting room while my bladder exploded and He thought it wouldn't be pretty so He granted me a miracle. I knew He liked me! 

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Awww, poor baby! Can you believe I have actually managed to pee and hold my baby in my lap? All I have to say is: MAJOR EMERGENCY at Walmart. :P

I Love your blog! It reminds me that I am NOT alone. Thank you so much for the humor!