Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Drastic Measures

Drastic times call for drastic measures, right? Well, right now the sickness that has overtaken my family and has just begun round two this morning is pretty drastic. I am so sick of cranky kids, phlegm, my man voice, and snot covered sleeves. So I am implementing some new rules and procedures around my house. 

- Face masks must be worn 24 hours per day in and out of the house by all members of the Murray family

- Absolutely NO SHARING of anything...this includes sippy cups, forks, spoons, food, toothpaste, toys, beds, etc. 

- All members must wear gloves sprayed down with Lysol at all times 

- If an individual coughs or sneezes in the house, a cloud of Lysol must immediately be sprayed around them 

- All clothes must be changed as soon as a member of the Murray family returns home from work or any other place. Dirty clothes must immediately be placed in the washing machine. 

- Any sleeves that are used to wipe snot must be burned completely

- Any tissue or wipey used to blow a nose, must be thrown away in the dumpster down the street. 

- The cleaning lady must now come every day...(I know this one is a little unreasonable but like I said, desperate times call for desperate measures.)

I really hope that the implementation of my new rules will make for a healthy Murray family. There is light at the end of this mucous- filled tunnel! 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

well luckly you already have the toothpaste thing covered.

Anonymous said...

Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)


Your award will go live sometime on Mon, March 2, 2009


Award Code

Thank you,


Bill Austin

Anonymous said...

This cold thing is seriously hitting so many families and it has worn out its welcome (not that it was EVER WELCOME!) I hear you lady. Over the cold.