Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Poop on My Finger

I am extremely exhausted today...like beyond tired. You know that tired where you feel like you could just collapse and sleep on the dirty kitchen floor? Yeah, that is about how I am feeling today. Anyways, Maia had a nasty poop diaper today when I got home from work and so I went to change her but since I was so tired I was not on top of my game. Usually, I would consider myself a professional diaper changer. I can change a diaper any time any place in record time with no mess. But today I would not have entered any diaper changing competitions. I left the diaper within her reach and since she is in that "learning to grab at things" phase she wrapped her little fingers around that diaper to of course put it in her mouth. Without thinking I yanked the diaper out if her hand only to feel a warm squishy substance on my pinky. It didn't even phase me. It's amazing how you get used to these things as a mother. I just kept going about the process without using my pinky, finished, put her in her crib and went and washed the poop of off my finger. I thought about it later and wondered if my non-reaction had something to do with my exhaustion, but I really don't think so. I think I am calloused to the grossness of baby poop. You kind of have to be when you have two babies, one who poops like three times a day all by himself. 
 Oh and as if poop on my finger and sheer exhaustion isn't enough, I noticed that Noah had a really stuffy nose before going to bed and  is developing a cold and will probably have a rough night...oh shoot he's woken up as we speak...it's going to be a looooong night. Sleep is a luxury that will elude me for awhile. 

No comments: