Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bright Idea

 I try to wash my hair every other day because it is just too hard to do everyday now that I cannot put it in a pony tail. However, my hair tends to get oily which makes me look super gross and like I really need a shower. The other day, when I noticed my greasy hair, I remembered a beauty tip that a friend had given me a long time ago. She told me to put baby powder in my hair which would basically soak up the oil and make my hair ungreasy. So, the other night when my hair was a big grease ball even though I'd washed it the night before, I decided at 11:00 p.m. to put baby powder in it so it would not be oily the next morning for work. I couldn't really see what I was doing because the lights were off (Ricky was already asleep by the time I came up with this brilliant idea and I did not want to wake him up). I put a generous amount on my hands and combed it through my hair with my fingers and rubbed it into my scalp. Then, I went to bed. When I woke up the next morning and went to brush my teeth, I almost screamed at my reflection. My hair was almost completely white and my scalp was too. I shook out my hair until I was dizzy but all that did was leave a big white cloud in the bathroom. I had a dilemma on my hands. I couldn't take a shower because my blow dryer broke a few weeks before and so I wouldn't have time to air dry my hair and then straighten it before I had to go to work. I tousled, shook, and, combed my hair for a good thirty minutes straight which only made things worse. Now I looked like I had really bad dandruff. I ended up putting a thick headband in my hair and going to work smelling baby clean with non-oily hair. 
  Moral of the story: Bright ideas at 11:00 p.m. are not so bright after all. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have this problem. Use Dry shampoo! You can find it at Sephora!
btw..loved your post on Crossroads blog. Hilarious. You seriously crack me up lady.

Anonymous said...

I have heard of this stuff called Psst... It is supposed to do the same thing, soak up the oil for the in-between wash days. Hope that helps!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!! I so wish I could have seen that!! =)

Molly Joy said...

ok, i laughed SO hard when i read this because i had the exact same experience! i heard from a friend that was a perfect solution to 'oily' hair and tried it only to find the biggest mess the next day! your blogs are hilareous.