Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Musings of a 19 Month Old

Right now it is so peaceful in my house. All of my babies are sleeping including my husband. Since we are at church all morning on Sundays, Noah and Maia's schedules get all messed up and they have a really hard time going down for their naps by the time we get home. Today, Noah talked in his crib for a good 45 minutes before falling asleep. At one point I decided to listen in at the door to see if I could hear what he was saying. He was doing this funny high pitched laugh saying, "Ha ha ha, Bu-ya. Ha ha ha, Bu-ya." I sat there wracking my brain trying to figure out what he was saying, then it hit me! Every time we go to my parents' house (ever since Noah was first born), my dad takes Noah for a walk and points out everything to him including mailboxes, flowers, dogs, fire hydrants, and statues in people's yards. This is part of the reason why I think Noah's vocabulary is advanced for a one-year-old. Anyways, one of the houses that they walk by has a statue of a big fat happy Buddha. He has a huge smile on his face and looks like he is laughing. Every time Noah and my dad get to that statue, my dad laughs in a high pitched voice and tells Noah that Buddha is laughing. So, Noah was imitating his Papi and Buddha from his crib before his nap. It is fascinating what sticks in little kids' minds! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh T, Ethan does this too! It absolutely cracks me up!!! I want to record it and play it back, I think it is the cutest sound on this planet :)

Love you!