Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, September 28, 2009

Movie Night



Like I've mentioned in a previous post, I am currently re-evaluating my life, re-prioritizing, and striving to make the most out of my time here on earth. God has opened my eyes to many things and I feel like I am seeing things from a whole new perspective. One of the things that I've determined to do, is enjoy the time I spend with my kids, be present with them mentally and not just physically, and start new traditions! Last Friday, we had our very first family movie night! We bought a classic, 101 Dalmatians, got in our jammies, made popcorn, brought out blankets and watched a movie together! It was so much fun to actually watch a movie with my kids rather than have the movie babysit my kids. They loved having mommy and daddy sit on the couch with them and cheer on the doggies and shoot (yup, shoot...with toy guns...yes we are a violent bunch) Cruella Devil and the bad guys with them. It was also the first time they'd had popcorn and they really enjoyed it.
Of course, Maia only lasted about 30 minutes before she had to go to bed, but all in all I can tell that movie night is going to be a hit for years to come!

No comments: