Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, September 17, 2010

A Much Needed Good Day

*Sigh* I am sitting here enjoying the sweet aroma of my new Creamy Pumpkin candle and sipping on my delicious Chai Rooibos Latte. Today was a good day...I needed a good day. I have had quite a few bad days lately.

After puking up stomach bile this morning, I attempted the impossible task of getting my kids and I ready, packed, and out the door by 7:30 a.m. in order to make it to Disneyland by 9:00a.m. We got out by 8:00a.m., picked up my wonderful mother-in-law and headed out for a fun day at the "happiest place on earth." We had a so much fun not waiting in long lines, exploring Tom Sawyer's Island, and going on rides that were out of our normal Disneyland routine. I had my new Preggie Pops on hand when I got nauseous which actually helped a bit. I had such a great time, that even Maia's loud -obnoxious- bathroom-while everyone is waiting- tantrum nor the outdoor- on -the- cement- in- front -of- everyone -tantrum could not ruin my day.

After we got home and took naps, we went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and then to the Shoppes to walk around. I found a really cute children's book that made me laugh out loud, then I got a really great deal on Fall candles, and to top off the night I discovered a delightful alternative to coffee which brought me the same result. Ahhhhh...maybe this is the beginning of the end of my funk. Even though I threw up twice today, I feel like I may be on the up swing! Woo hoo!

Side Note: I LOVE coffee. I look forward to it daily. I crave it. I need it. It's a simple pleasure that brings me oodles of joy. However, when I am pregnant, the thought of coffee makes me want to vomit. And that makes me angry. So angry in fact, that I have actually forced myself to choke down a cup despite my disdain for it. This makes me despise the substance even more. End of side note

No comments: