Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good Bye Unibrow

I think I am getting more hairy as I get older. Is that a symptom of aging? I always thought that you lose hair as you get older but not in my case. Yesterday, I went to get my eyebrows threaded. I am not very consistent in this, I usually get this done about every 2 to 4 months. In the meantime I have a very unsexy unibrow that I ignore. Well, yesterday I looked at myself in the mirror and decided that I wanted two eyebrows once agin. So I went to the threading place, sat in the chair and tensed my body up to prepare for the pain. Much to my dismay, I could feel the burning sensation caused by the yanking of each hair by its root throughout my forehead and along my temples. WHAT? I thought I only came to get my eyebrows done, not my entire face! At the rate she was going, I was sure I would be feeling the pain in my ears and my neck next. Sheesh...the pain that we women go through to remain presentable is absolutely crazy...and to think the pain only gets worse as we get older and the amount of hair increases is even crazier. I think I may re-think going for the "organic" look and spare myself the pain.

No comments: