Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, March 2, 2009

Freaking Out

So, I feel like my life is going a million miles per minute and I can't slow it down! I just got back from a 3 day trip and now I am leaving on another one. I am headed to a conference for work tomorrow and will be returning on Thursday.  I feel like I am abandoning my children! They are going to wonder why the heck mommy keeps leaving them! Maybe I should tell them that if they behave themselves I would stay put. Okay, but really, I am freaking out. Maia is my new vacuum cleaner, as she army crawls throughout my house, she picks up all crumbs, lint, dirt, and whatever else her little fingers can pick up and puts it in her mouth. I've had to make two extractions today. What if she does this when I am not around to make the extraction? What if, what if, what if??? I need to stop thinking about all those what ifs or I'll drive myself crazy. I've prepared the kids' meals for all three days and Ricky's too and I've given Ricky  the run down of all my mommy instructions. Now, I have to trust him, go on my trip, and enjoy my 3 days without my kids. How many times have I dreamt of three days without the kids? Just today, in the midst of a Noah tantrum and a Maia melt down I said, "I can't wait to go on my trip!" I just need to take myself back to that place every time I start to worry and I'll be okay! 

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

LOL, you'll probably be very busy & occupied at work. I'm sure you'll think of the 'what ifs' but they'll be just fine! =) Enjoy!

Lisamarie is now 14 months old and she still 'vacuums' everything up! When does it stop???? Jacob NEVER did this!

Amy said...

Just want to say I love your blogs... They are so great. I am a thirty something mother of a 3 year old girl named Macy. It is so great to read your blogs and know that there is another who thinks like I do. I work full time and some days I feel like I am going crazy.
I read your blogs have a good laugh and thank God I am not the only one who is not a "perfect" mom.
Anyway, thanks and keep it up!

Amy