Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Covet a Maid

Yes, I know that the Bible says that "Thou shalt not covet." And, yes I do believe that, but this is my confession blog and I am confessing to you that I covet a maid. For the duration of this post I will sin and at the end I will ask for forgiveness and for a maid.

Life would be better if I had a maid because...

I would no longer have to worry about walking into a spider web in the entry way of my house

My son's feet would no longer be black because she would clean my caked with old food and dirt floors.

The 3 inch layer of dust would be removed from our furniture and pictures and we could all stop sneezing so much

I would never have to see 3 day old dishes in my sink again.

Noah would stop choking on remnants that he finds on the floor because the maid would vacuum more than once a month.

My toilet would not have that unsightly dirty ring of yuckiness in it

I would be able to see out of my windows for the first time in 3 years

Our clothes and towels would smell fresh and clean instead of like mildew (I always forget that I put a load in the washing machine until about 2 days later)

I could blog guilt-free instead of looking around at my messy house and thinking I should get off the computer and clean it.

Dear God, please forgive me for coveting and bless me with a cleaning lady. I would be ever-so grateful. Amen.

No comments: