Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

Ricky and I had a wonderful weekend away in Sebastopol and San Francisco this weekend. We went up there with two of our very best friends for a wedding and we had a great time even though one person in our party was deathly ill!!!
My favorite part of the trip was discovering blackberry bushes, picking them, and eating them fresh off the vine. I don't know what it is with me and picking fruit...I obviously have an unhealthy obsession. I may need to find a kleptomaniacs anonymous group for fruit picking. Anyways, the blackberries were delicious even though the bushes attacked my sweater and nearly held me hostage.
We also explored San Francisco and drove an $8,000,000.00 tug boat! My friend Jen's brother is a tug boat captain and he gave us a tour of his boat and let us take a crack at driving it. My turn did not last too long because I was on my way to taking out a sail boat. Apparently it is not a good idea to give me control of an $8,000,000.00 piece of machinery.
I did drink Peet's coffee everyday while we were there because I heard that it originated in San Francisco. It was amazing and lived up to all of my expectations.

The wedding was beautiful and I had a wonderful time seeing many friends from high school and watching my best friend from high school get married. The wedding was on a vineyard and was one of the prettiest weddings I've ever been to.

I did miss my babies all weekend but realized that weekends away like this need to be a yearly goal of mine. I had so much fun spending time with my hubby and with my friends.















1 comment:

Jennifer Lynch said...

I lived in Sebastopol for several years of my childhood. What was your friend's name that got married? Looked like the four of you had a blast on your trip! Keep up the great blogging!