Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, October 23, 2009

Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue

Every time someone asks Noah what he is going to be for Halloween, he matter-of-factly answers "Buzz Lightyear!" This was not something we'd ever discussed and I never promised him this costume. He just assumed that I was going to take care of that for him, I guess. I have been doing my research to find a decently priced costume but I quickly realized that decently priced Buzz Lightyear costumes complete with the wings, do not exist. The ones through the Disney store are $45.00 and I was not about to pay that kind of money for a costume. I'd given up on my search and decided to just not think about my costume dilemma until October 30th when I'd have to panic. But, God is good. He spared me of an anxiety attack when I found the last Buzz Lightyear costume complete with wings at Costco today for $14.97. It caught my eye as I was on my way to get Edamame. It is a couple sizes too big but we can fix that.
Noah was SOOOOO excited! He could not wait to get home and put it on. Once we put it on him he ran around the house for 15 minutes straight yelling, "To infinity and beyoooond!" Then, I had to break the news to him, that he could not sleep in it. He was devastated. So we compromised by telling him he could wear it to Bup's house on Tuesday (sorry Pam!). Anyways, here is my little Buzz Lightyear...




4 comments:

Jenny Chin said...

He is soooo adorable! Wow 14 bucks... save that... I could possibly use it in 3 years! =)

Anonymous said...

Taleah, this is the cutest thing ever!!! Pam will love it and I'm sure lots of pictures will be taken:)
Mama Shuler

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!! I will be so excited to SEE Buzz!! Erin Long is coming over too... with her NEW CAMERA! I think we will get fun PIX!!

Rebecca173 said...

Yeah don't you love how much costumes for kids are?!?! It's ridiculous. We have started making ours. I just can't see paying that much for something to be worn one night?!?! Maybe more depending on events.