Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thankful


As a mother there are very few times where I get to sit in silence and just have a few moments to myself to think. I just woke up from a lovely Sunday afternoon nap and am sitting in a quiet house (the rest of my family is still asleep) and I wonder what to occupy my mind with while it has a few minutes to itself. My thoughts are not being forced to ponder on what I am going to make for dinner, or who needs a diaper change, or what I need to accomplish at work this week, or that I should get going on Maia's birthday party... 
  I ask my Heavenly Father what it is that He wants to occupy my mind and He takes me to place of complete thankfulness. I am so thankful for my wonderful family: My husband who loves me and treats me like a queen, I know that he has eyes for me alone and he lets me know that daily. He is the most tremendous father. He adores his kids and does all the mundane everyday tasks just like I do without complaining or ever making me feel that those things are my job because I am the mom. He disciplines in love and takes the lead as God would have him do. He is a man of God and we all respect him and love him. 
  I am thankful for my two babies who daily cause me to feel like I am going insane but who also bring a smile and laughter to my life daily. They have brought joy to so many and I am just thankful for the relationships I have built because of them. 
  I am thankful for my parents, my in-laws, my adopted parents (Chuck and Pam), and all my brothers and sisters (in-laws included). I have an amazing family support system who step in to help me out whenever I need it and I am forever indebted to them. Thank you for loving us and my kids so much. 
 I am thankful for my wonderful friends who I know I can always count on for a good, laugh, conversation, hug, or game of cards.
 I am thankful that I have a job that I absolutely love. A job where I feel used by God and challenged. 
 I am thankful for the inspiring church family that I have been blessed to be a part of. I love going and I find myself wanting to be there all the time lest I miss out on something! 

  The list goes on and on. God has truly blessed me and I thank Him for allowing my few moments of available mind time to be used to thank Him for all His blessings in my life. 

What are you thankful for? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so MUCH to be thankful for right now... I guess I really realize that it is people that matter MOST in my life... friends from the past - to NOW... AND GRAND BABIES!! They are the BEST!!!!!!!!!! There is NOTHING in the world like them! They make life FUN!

Nana said...

You have a wonderful husband and the best kids ever! We are so thankful to our God who shows us the Way. Hugs and Kisses to all.

Lizzy said...

I have so much to be thankful for, my hubby, my kids and my continued health. Taleah, I'm so grateful to the Lord to have met you. You make me laugh and make me feel very cared for. You're an amazing person and I hope to get to know you even more! :)