Family Photo

Family Photo

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Trip to the Aquarium

Mondays are our family day. We are blessed enough to all have the day off together and I love Mondays. This last Monday, I decided that my son needed a chance to redeem himself after last week's beach trip where I almost sold him to the highest bidder. So, we all headed off to The Aquarium of the Pacific, one of my most favorite places in the world. I absolutely love that place because I have a fascination with sea life. 
  The kids had a great time but didn't seem to like the exhibits that I thought they would like the best. 
The sea lions- the first animal we looked at. Noah could have stayed there watching them all day. He threw a loud tantrum when we walked out to go see the next exhibit...

The Birds- I was sure that my kids would love this one. They got to see them up close while mommy and daddy fed them. Maia liked it until she tried to steal the bird's food and got bit. Noah was terrified the entire time. 



The Touch Pool- My favorite...Maia loved splashing the water all over the place...Noah...well I was going to make him like it if it was the last thing I did. So I made him stick his hand in the pool and held it there until a shark swam by so he could feel it. He screamed for me to take his hand out of the water and all the people stared at me thinking what a horrible mother I was. I thought for sure he would think it was the coolest thing once he felt one...he didn't...I just looked like the worst mother in the world once again...nothing new.
The "Nemo" Exhibit- This was the favorite exhibit of the day. Noah wanted to see "Nemo and his mommy and his daddy." Maia loved it too. Both children made a scene as we peeled them away from the little orange fish. I am sure all the Nemos are glad that we finally left them alone. They had to be sick of Noah's knocking after 10 minutes of straight pounding.  


No comments: