Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I've Got Plans and then I've Got My Kids

"We must be ready to allow ourselves to be interrupted by God, who will thwart our plans and frustrates our ways time and again, even daily, by sending people across our path with their demands and requests." -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I read this today on a friend of mine's Facebook page and it kind of slapped me across the face! I am a planner. So, I seem to think that my children's demands and requests such as tantrums, needing to go potty at inopportune times, and waking up at the crack of dawn are a thorn in my side; a hitch in my plans. However, according to Bonhoeffer (some wise person who I've never heard of before) these demands and requests could be God-sent and I need a change of perspective. God may be giving me an opportunity to be patient and loving and show His character to my children. Enlightening mommy moment for me today, one that I just had to share!

No comments: