Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, December 10, 2010

Highs and Lows

I am sitting here eating my milk chocolate molasses chips from See's Candy and reminiscing on the highs and lows of this past week. I seem to be extra emotional this pregnancy which means I go from one end of the emotional spectrum to the other in a matter of seconds. This week has been a doozy.

Lows:

Slicing my finger really badly while being home alone with the kids. I was trying to avoid having to wash another cutting board by holding a carrot in my hand while cutting it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Maia's continuous determination to do things her own way and call the shots in this household led to many many tantrums this week. I was at a loss as to what to do with this child about one hundred times this week.

Being in a deep conversation and pouring my heart out only to realize by the person's response that they had not listened to a word I'd said. (Maybe I just talk too much...who knows!)

Feeling like the Goodyear Blimp and knowing that there is nothing I can do about it. I am only going to get bigger.

Tuesday. Tuesday was chalk full of miscommunication, plan changes, anger, no naps, tantrums by both me and my kids, a quick painful jab to my hubby with my mean words, a burst of anger, and going to sleep at 8:30 because I was such a mess.

Wednesday morning I was wracked with guilt for two reasons: 1) I felt horrible about my behavior the night before and 2) I was dreading having to deal with my defiant two-year-old for another day.

Discovering that my pedicure is about 6 weeks old and my toe nails are so long that they get sore if I wear close toed shoes.

Highs:
My hubby bringing me some Molasses Chips!

Building a Ginger Bread House with the kids. I have never built one before in my life! So fun

Watching Noah sing in his first pre-school Christmas Program. Putting hundreds of 3 and 4 year olds on stage is bound to be entertaining. This event did not disappoint. From watching Noah get annoyed with the little boy next to him who insisted on holding his hand to only seeing the back of Noah's head most of the time because he wanted to watch himself on "t.v" was awesome. (Noah is the little boy in the green shirt with his hands high in the sky...as a side note: the cute little girl next to him was in "time-out" that morning, for kicking the teacher. This actually gave me comfort because I can picture Maia doing that when she gets to pre-school next year)

God reminding me of His sweet limitless amount of grace.

Going to dinner at my good friend Kathy's house and laughing together at the hilarious things that our kids do.

Going to FUSE which is our church's couples' Bible Study. I laughed until I almost peed my pants. I love those people so much!
Hearing Noah pray for his daddy, "Lord, thank you for my daddy. He is the best daddy in the whole world. Help him not to burnt today at work or to get sweaty or to get freezing. Help his pools not to be too yucky. In Jesus Name Amen."

Hearing Maia sing "Blessed Be Your Name" while "cleaning" the sliding glass door and the floor with a wipee.

Having lunch with my dad

Seeing my cleaning lady on my front door step this morning.

Buying cute cheap maternity shirts from Ross!

No comments: