Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, February 21, 2010

I've Got a Plan!

As you know, my life has been completely consumed by Dave Ramsey as of late. We are budgeting and after one month have seen amazing results. However the key to success for this whole program is planning. So, I've become a plan Nazi! I have a plan for everything and I now have dreams about planning and all my day dreams consist of coming up with new plans.
My favorite new plan besides a budget is my meal plan. I have found that if I make a meal plan for 2 to 4 weeks, then I can plan my grocery list and spend less money. I am prepared and never find myself with empty cupboards at inconvenient times which used to force me to go out to eat and spend money that I did not have. I also am noticing that by not eating out, I eat less unhealthy food and smaller portions.

The other great thing about this meal plan and not eating out is that I am forced to be creative in my cooking. I am enjoying the challenge and I just feel like a better mom and wife.

So, the moral of the story is to make a plan and stick to it and good things will happen!!!

2 comments:

The 4 Moore's said...

I am SERIOUSLY thinking of looking into this whole Dave Ramsey thing. I am just SO scared of what it will mean I will have to change and lose! Hmmm....

Michelle Koenig said...

I've been on this budgeting Dave Ramsey kick for a while now and have found some really good blogs that I higly recommend especially for the meal planning. There's moneysavingmom.com and lifeasmom.com. Check them out when you get a chance.