Family Photo

Family Photo

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Malakai Kade Murray







Malakai Kade Murray born at 11:11 p.m. on 4/1/2011 weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and measuring 20 3/4 inches long. He is as sweet as can be and has brought so much joy to our lives. You can often find Ricky and I staring at our little guy taking in all of his little features and willing him to stay little forever or you will find us sniffing his face and his head, savoring that sweeter than honey baby smell!

He definitely made for an interesting labor and delivery process though! I had consistent contractions for about a week and a half and had one false alarm. On Tuesday evening the doctor informed me that I would not be delivering this baby any time this week as I was not dilated at all. On Thursday morning, at my regular doctor's appt. my doctor checked me and said that I was 3 to 4 cm dilated! From that point on my contractions were 10 to 15 minutes apart and got progressively stronger but never closer together. I was determined not to have another false alarm so I just took the pain and waited for them to get to 5 minutes apart. By Friday afternoon, I was exhausted having only gotten sleep in 10 minute increments the night before. But, contractions were still 10 to 15 minutes apart. I received a phone call from my friend who is a L&D Nurse who said that I needed to go to the hospital NOW if I did not want to have the baby at home. I listened because all I wanted at that point was an epidural! Here is how the night went.
7:15 sitting in traffic having contractions 11 minutes apart. Totally thinking they are going to send me home!

7:45 check in and get hooked up to monitors. Contractions still 11 minutes apart. Nurse says they will probably make me walk before they admit me.

9:00 doc comes in checks me and I am at a 5. She says it will probably be awhile. They admit me and ask if I want an epidural. I say yes! Contractions still 11 minutes a part.

10:05 epidural in.

10:15 contractions look like they are picking up a bit. Ricky goes out to the car to get my stuff and the camera. Calls his mom tells her it will be a long night.

10:20- super strong contractions only half my body is numb, my water breaks! Poor Ricky gets a text from me and tries to run back up to my room as fast as he can with camera in hand! When he gets there the whole scene has changed, I am screaming in pain and the nurse is cleaning up my bed and the anesthesiologist is trying to figure out what the heck to do to numb the other side of my body!

10:45 nurse checks me. I am complete and ready to push.

11:00 doc comes in

11:11 Malakai is here!!!

I love my precious baby boy!

1 comment:

Michelle Bradley said...

Congratulations he is a cutie! I LOVE newborn baby smell :) It was great seeing you guys mon and you look great by the way!