Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Crazy Hair Day Turned Into Embarrassing Moment #238





Today was Crazy Hair Day at church for the kids. We got them ready and did their hair all crazy and when Noah had a fit and asked us to make his hair normal again, I promised him that all the other kids would have crazy hair too and it would be fun! To my dismay, when I got to church, I discovered that most of the kids either forgot about Crazy Hair Day or didn't know about it. There was only one other kid in Noah's class with crazy hair (and it was only because it's his best friend whose mom I texted this morning to remind her)! Well we dropped our children off in their respective classes and went to church. In the middle of service, Ricky gets a text asking him to get Maia. She had peed in her pants. Great! So, he had to get up in the middle of the sermon (totally embarrassing and rude) and get her.
When I got to the truck after church, where he and Maia were waiting for us, Maia was happy as a clam in a shirt and a diaper (which she has not worn in a year). I was hoping that she would hate being in a diaper, but my stubborn little munchkin would show no signs of embarrassment even if she was miserable in a diaper. Ricky informs me that not only did she pee in her pants, she peed while sitting on the sweet volunteer's lap. Ugh! When I ask her why she peed in her pants, she says "Well, my tummy didn't tell me that I had to go potty, so I didn't tell the teacher." Noah can't understand why his sister is in a diaper and repeatedly asks, "But, why is Maia in a diaper? Is she gonna take that off when we get home?" Then, my lovely daughter informs me that she has to go potty. Everything within me wants to tell her to just go in her diaper, so that I can save myself the "walk of shame." Instead, I walk my crazy haired, naked, child up to the church building where everyone is staring at me wondering what kind of mother brings their child into church with hair like that, no shoes, and no pants in 40 degree weather. All the while, Maia is whining, my feet are cold, hold me. As you know I am 8 months pregnant and can barely lug my own body weight for 3 feet without running out of breath, so there was no way I'd be able to carry my child from the parking lot to the bathroom without passing out. So, I did what any good mother would do and between clenched teeth, with a smile on my face for all the onlookers said, "And whose fault is that Maia? You peed in your pants, not mommy. So now you have to have cold feet." We successfully made the walk of shame and I captured a picture so that I could remember this embarrassing moment forever and ever.


No comments: