Family Photo

Family Photo

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sleep and Skinny Jeans

I am celebrating 2 victories today...

Number 1: I woke up to my alarm this morning at 5:00 a.m.! Do you know what that means???...No?...Okay I'll tell you. It means that I didn't wake up to a crying baby at 2:30a.m.! It means that I got 6 consecutive hours of sleep! That is the most consecutive hours of sleep that I've gotten in over 2 months! I just know that you are cheering loudly in front of your computer right now because you are so happy for me!
Now, I am not getting my hopes up and expecting this to happen ever again. I am just rejoicing in my one night of 6 hours of sleep...okay... I'm lying. I'm totally begging God to let Malakai sleep like that from now on.

Number 2: I've been eyeballing my super skinny jeans every day for 8 weeks. Every time I think I may want to try them on, I decide to spare myself the disappointment and I opt for other jeans that are sure to fit instead. But, I've been on a strict diet for the last three weeks and have been getting back into a regular exercise routine. This morning, I dared myself to try the impossible. I was ready to risk ruining my whole day. I pulled the super skinny jeans off the hanger and gave them the evil eye, you better fit! I slipped my right leg in and then the left. As I tried to pull them up I was met with some major resistance. But, I was not about to give up that easily. I stretched and pulled...and took a 5 minute break to catch my breath...and stretched and pulled some more and then I squatted and pulled and squatted and pulled and sucked in and....BUTTONED! WOO HOO! My super skinny jeans fit me once again! There is no need to mention that I did not use the restroom at all today for fear that I would not be able to get them back on or that I only took short small breaths all day...those are just minor details. All that matters is that they BUTTONED!

I am almost back to where I want to be! Now, I just need to kick this cold and get back to meeting with Jillian Michaels 5 days a week!

No comments: