Family Photo

Family Photo

Friday, January 21, 2011

Dragons and Whiners

Sometimes, I get these evil bright ideas and then I question my parenting skills...

This morning, before my eyes were even fully opened, my son decided to have a melt down because his sister pushed the power button on the t.v. before he did. I found my blood begin to boil and all I wanted to do was put some ear plugs in and go back to sleep. But, I couldn't. I had to be a parent and teach my son that whining and completely losing it when he doesn't get his way is not acceptable. I rolled myself out of bed, spanked him, had a talk about why that was not acceptable behavior... and then I got the mischievous idea to tell him a story about a whiny boy who got eaten by a dragon...to drive my point home! I am pretty sure that from now on, when my boy begins to whine, all I'll have to say is "the dragon might hear you" and he will be scared into silence. The sad thing is I only feel a slight twinge of guilt...not enough to take back my story.

Insert evil laugh here!

1 comment:

Michelle Bradley said...

Hey your being creative :) Landen went through a phase of biting his nails and I told him if he kept biting them his fingers would fall off! You gotta do what you gotta do!