Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Large and Not Really In Charge


Okay so I know you're going to think I am so vain after reading this post, but once again, let me remind you that this blog is for my confessions and so I am going to confess...

The other day we went to the beach with my brother and took lots of pictures. It was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time. However, when we got home and uploaded the pictures, I was appalled! When did I get so huge?! I mean it's not just my belly! My face, my arms, my legs, and the rest of my body has just blown up (I am not brave enough to post the close up pictures). So, of course I sulked and ate Carl's Jr. and some chocolate. Then, I decided I was going to start working out again. Even though I can't really lose weight right now, at least I can exercise for my state of mind right? I put in my new Jillian Michaels DVD and have now been working out for 6 days straight. I feel much better about my large self now and am trying to convince myself that my arms are surely getting toned again.
Yesterday, I got a little too brave and tried Level 2. All I have to say is, WOW! I am much too competitive for my own good. After the warm up, I realized that this was going to be much too difficult for me, but I could not stop. I am not a quitter. I had to finish it. So, there I was with my roly poly body trying to pop myself up onto my feet from a lying down position without using my hands... let's just say, that if I had a video of myself, you would all be peeing in your pants because of how ridiculous I looked...and that was only 1 minute of the 30 minute work out.
By the time I was done, I was dry heaving on all fours and I could not stop shaking nor could I move. My husband sat staring at me from the couch shaking his head at me in a "there is something seriously wrong with you" sort of way, and my kids looked so worried they could cry. It must have left a strong impression on my kids' minds because this morning, the first thing Noah said to me when he saw me was, "Mommy, you should not do that new exercise anymore. That's not a good idea. You should just do the other ones."

We'll see if I choose to torture myself again...

No comments: