Family Photo

Family Photo

Monday, June 28, 2010

Back to Real Life

The transition back to real life from vacation life has been a little rocky... but there have been some positive things as well. I've decided to make a list of these things to see if I should go back to Cancun permanently

The negatives...

I have broken out in a blister rash thing on my arms and chest. After doing my research online, I've discovered that I could have scabies, herpes, eczema, dermatitis, pemphigus vulgaris, heat rash, shingles, chicken pox, or an allergic reaction. It's a good thing I've done my research and am now a hypochondriac.

Maia is a professional tantrum thrower. Yesterday she threw a complete fit at Rubio's on the floor in front of the drink machine. Nobody could get their drinks because of my daughter who was not happy about not getting her way.

I can't seem to get through all the laundry that needs to be done. There is just too much of it.

Noah grew out of all of his shoes while we were gone. While at Target today, I realized that he is now a size 11. All of his shoes were size 9s. I should get the worst mom of the year award for making my kid wear shoes that were 2 sizes too small for him for who knows how long.

There are way too many bills sitting on my kitchen counter.

I have to make my own bed again.

Jillian Michaels is sitting on top on my tv staring me down and yelling at me to Shred again.

The positives...

Maia is pretty much potty trained, which means I get to save $40.00/ month on diapers.

I get to sleep in my own comfortable bed.

I get to go back to work with all the people that I love.

I no longer feel like I have to overeat at every meal until I feel sick to get my money's worth.

I get to see my kids' happy faces in the morning (before they have anything to whine about)!

I get to wear my new clothes to work that I purchased before I left.

I get to have Jamba Juice again!

I don't have to do mental olympics to try to figure out the conversion of dollars to pesos every time I buy something.

Wow, that was quite therapeutic. I actually feel better now about being home, despite my ugly rash, and the tantrum thrower, and Jillian Michaels yelling at me. I've gotta go now. Gotta go, conquer the mountain of laundry, make my bed, work out, and answer emails all while the kids sleep!



No comments: