Family Photo

Family Photo

Saturday, June 26, 2010

An Amazing Getaway...

I am so blessed to have wonderful friends in my life. This week, because of our friends Eddie and Jen, we were able to go on an awesome vacation to Cancun, Mexico! As I write, I am in a hotel lobby in Cancun watching the US play Ghana in the World Cup surrounded by a bunch of Amercians. This is a once in a lifetime experience! All week long I've been having these "once in a lifetime experience" moments and I found myself stopping and thanking God in those moments for blessing me immensely. He is so good!
I've realized that these types of getaways are a necessity for working mommies like myself. It gave me a chance to strengthen my friendships, strengthen my marriage, relax, rejuvenate, focus on all that God has blessed me with, and has made me ready to return to everyday life with a new appreciation. I didn't realize how much I needed this until I got here.

I am immeasurably grateful to our friends Eddie and Jen for inviting us, and to my mom and dad for loving on my kids for the week so that we could have this amazing experience.

I can't wait to see my babies tonight. Hopefully, I will get around to blogging about our trip and posting pictures on Monday.

No comments: