Family Photo

Family Photo

Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Purse: A Symbol of Me?

This is my purse. This is what it looks like all the time. The good thing is that I have everything you could ever need in that thing. The problem is that it may take me years to find it. I don't think it symbolizes who I am as a person...you know, put together on the outside and a complete mess on the inside. I think it is more of a result of being a mom to 3 kids who hand me things all day long. Since, I need my hands free at all times, to carry a kid or collect another kid item, I naturally throw whatever they give me into my purse and before you know it, I am getting a call from the show Hoarders telling me my husband called them about my purse. I really don't see any way around this problem though. I mean, between the stuff I need in my purse for me and all of the kid's snacks, and their trash, and sippy cups, and treasures, and socks, and toys etc., it is impossible to have a clean purse. Can I get an "Amen?!"...No? Okay then, let's play a game. See if you can locate the following items!

Medical receipts that should have been mailed in weeks ago
A check book that has no more checks in it
2 of Maia's hair bows in case we ever need to spruce up her look
A baby spork
2 pens
A Sharpie
Paper clip
Lots of pennies
A variety of healthy snacks: plantain chips, cashews, gluten free kid cereal
2 viles of lip gloss
A piece of a candy cane
Maia's sunglasses
Broken pieces of spearmint gum
Empty gum wrappers and package
An iPad Stylus
And Purell to clean my hands with after searching around in my purse for anything.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

This is so funny. I hate when I'm asked for a few pennies at the register and I have to dig to the bottom of my purse where every penny is rolled in beach sand, I'm sure to find a few jellybeans stuck to it and hair. Every time I screem in my head, just get a change purse! I have to rub the gunk off the pennies before I hand them over to the clerk who I'm sure is disgusted. It always reminds me of that creepy kid on the bus in Ferris Buller handing over sticky, sweaty candy.